1. In some countries, there has been an increase in the number of parents who educate their children themselves at home instead of sending them to school. Do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
2. In some cities, there are few controls over the design and construction of new homes and office buildings, so people can build in whatever style they like. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
3. Team activities can teach more important life skills than those activities that are played alone. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Today, people in many countries choose to work and live wherever they like thanks to communication and transportation technologies. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
5. In some countries, the widespread use of the Internet has given people more freedom to work or study at home instead of travelling to work or college. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
6. It has been said that people who read for pleasure can have more developed imaginations and better language skills than people who prefer to watching TV. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
7. Some people think that “vertical “City is the best, where people live and work in tall buildings. Others think that “horizontal”City is better, where there is few tall buildings. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. Some people think getting old is entirely bad. However, others think that life of the elderly in modern world is much easier than in the past. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
9. People believe that using mobile phones and computers to communicate make us lose ability to communicate with each other face to face. Do you agree or disagree?
10. Some people think they have the right to use as much fresh water as they want, while others believe governments should tightly controlled the use of fresh water as it is a limited resource. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
11. Some people think that the government should decide the subject for students to study in university. Others believe that students should be allowed to apply for the subject they prefer. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
12. Some people think schools should teach students to form good behavior in addition to providing normal education. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. More and more people like to buy famous brands of clothes, cars and other items. What are the reasons and do you think it’s a positive or negative development?
14. Some businesses find that new employees who just finished their education lack basic interpersonal ability such as work with others as a part of team. What do you think the causes of this problem? How to solve this problem?
15. Social networking sites have huge negative impacts on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?