Percent of total score—33又1/3
Directions: You have 50 minutes to answer BOTH of the following questions. It is not enough to answer a question by merely listing facts. You should present a cogent argument based on your critical analysis of the questions posed,using appropriate psychological terminology.
1. A. Annabelle is planning to apply to college but has not yet decided where she will apply. Describe how the following psychological concepts and terms relate to her choice.
• Availability heuristic
• Prefrontal cortex
• Prospective memory
B. Explain how the following psychological concepts could relate to how well Annabelle adapts when she begins her college career.
• Crystallized intelligence
2. For each of the following pairs of terms, explain how the placement or location of the first influences the process indicated by the second.
• Rods, peripheral vision
• A list of unrelated words, word recall
• Serotonin, reduction of depression
• Retinal disparity, depth perception
• Motor cortex, body movement
• Presence of others, performance
• Proximity, perception